Harris Academy Orpington:
As part of the Harris Federation, Harris Orpington benefit enormously from the expertise of the central team and opportunities to work alongside the outstanding Harris Federation Sixth Form, of which they are not formally part but from which they benefit.
The Sixth Form at Harris Academy Orpington provides students with the opportunity to study in an exciting and rewarding learning environment. They strive to prepare young people for an ever-changing world that values self-confident, well-educated and enterprising people.
Their goals are firstly to ensure that all students reach their target destination, whether university or the professional work place, and secondly that they continue to learn, long after they have moved on.
They are committed to the success of each of their students and aim to deliver:
- Exam success
- Challenge, relevance and engagement
- Appropriate skills for living, work and happiness
- Self-identity and a feeling of self-worth
- Excellent opportunities and experiences
Courses on offer:
They offer a vocational pathway that can benefit and cater for most students educational requirements.
View their full curriculum here
- Vocational pathway - Five 9 - 4 grades at GCSE or equivalent
- National rail - Orpington train station
- Bus - number R9 bus stops on the school road