Harris South Norwood:
The Harris Academy South Norwood Sixth Form offers co-educational high-quality teaching in a positive learning environment in which all students are encouraged to strive for academic excellence. They offer a broad range of academic and vocational courses delivered by subject specialists with a focus on developing the skills of collaborative and independent learning.
They offer a tutoring programme to support the sixth-form students. This will be running throughout the year giving students who did not achieve a grade 4 or higher in their GCSE English and Maths extra support in their resits. They will also be providing extra tuition in their other level 3 subjects. This support will be provided by their teaching staff in groups of 3-5 running after the school day.
they are a sixth form that has an ethos focused around professionalism, achievement and mutual respect. This ethos will hold all stakeholders to account for their performance, through uncompromising high expectations and aspirations. However, you will receive excellent support and mentoring to ensure you realise your aspirations. This will enable you to achieve your true potential and access your next pathway without any restriction, facing the challenges that society will bring with confidence.
Courses on offer:
- 3 A Level programme
- Combination of A Level and Vocational courses
- Vocational pathway
- 3 A Level - Seven 9 - 5 grades in full course GCSE subjects
- Combination pathway - Five 9 - 4 grades at GCSE or merit or above in vocational subjects related to course choices
- Vocational pathway - Five 9 - 4 grades at GCSE or equivalent
- National rail - Norwood Junction (5 minute walk to the school)
- Bus - number 410 bus stops on the school road