Harris City Academy Crystal Palace:
The Harris City Academy Crystal Palace Sixth Form offers co-educational high quality teaching in a positive learning environment in which all students are encouraged to strive for academic excellence.
The curriculum offers a broad range of academic courses as well as some applied general and technical level courses. All are delivered by subject specialists with a focus on developing the skills of collaborative and independent learning.
All courses are taught by subject specialists who demonstrate and model the proficiency and scholarship needed to be successful students of their chosen discipline. As well as being authorities in their particular subject, Sixth Form teachers are expected to be exponents of excellent pedagogy and classroom practice so that the classroom becomes a place where students are fully engaged and participate in a dialogical education informed by criticism, reflection and analytical reasoning.
- 3 A Level - Seven 9 - 5 grades in full course GCSE subjects
- Combination pathway - Five 9 - 4 grades at GCSE or merit or above in vocational subjects related to course choices
- Vocational pathway - Five 9 - 4 grades at GCSE or equivalent
- National rail - Crystal Palace train station (5 minute walk to school)
- Bus - number 410 bus stops on the school road